Effective: June 21, 2012
Guidewire Software Inc. complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Guidewire Software Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Guidewire Software Inc. certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
1. What personal information do we gather? In general, you may visit Guidewire Software's Web site without providing us with any personal information about yourself. However, there are times when we may need information from you, which includes your Internet address so that we can track unique visits to our site for analytic purposes. Additionally, we may need your personal information such as your name, and your postal and email address in order to grant you access to protected and secured sites or provide you with the opportunity to register for an event, to fulfill your requests for information including white papers, download updates to our products, or participate in an online survey. In other instances, we may ask you to provide us with information such as your product interests so that we can send you only the information that is useful to you, including articles, newsletters, product and service alerts, new product and service announcements and event invitations.
If you wish to apply for a job within the careers section of the site, we will collect personal information about you such as name, email address, and phone number. We will also ask you to provide us with a cover letter and a resume. We use this information to contact you regarding the position in which you expressed interest, to determine whether or not you are qualified for the position and to contact you regarding setting up an interview.
3. How do we use your personal information? Information we collect is used to determine what is most effective about our web site, to help us identify ways to improve sites, to personalize the visit for you through the use of "persistent cookies" if you permit it, and to determine how we can tailor our web site to make it more effective. We may also use data for other purposes, which we would describe to you at the point we collect the information (for example, if you are invited to register for an event or request more information about one of our products).When you supply Guidewire Software with your personal information, we may use the information to learn more about you so that we can develop better products and services or use the information, sharing it with our business partners, to inform you about new products, services and offers that may be of interest to you.
We post customer testimonials/videos on our Web site which may contain personal information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial or video to post their name along with it. To request removal of your personal information from our testimonials or videos, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
4. Do we share your information with outside parties? We do not sell your personal information to third parties. Occasionally, we share information with our business partners to inform you about new products and services that are complementary to your existing Guidewire Software solution. Any information you give to Guidewire Software will be held with the utmost care, and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. We may provide your personal information to service providers who furnish a way for users to submit job applications, sign up for events, and send emails on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every Web site that collects personal information.
5. What about security? The security of your personal information is important to Guidewire Software and we take appropriate steps to maintain security of your personal information. The open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. While this is out of our control, we aim to apply appropriate levels of security at all times. We use industry standard technologies and maintain current security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration, or misuse.
We manage our server environment appropriately and our firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. We routinely employ current technologies to ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of your information is not compromised.
To safeguard against unauthorized access to your accounts, you are required to "sign on" using a user ID and a password to certain secured areas of the www.guidewire.com web site. Both user ID and password are encrypted when sent over the Internet. If you are unable to provide the correct password, you will not be able to access these sections. Despite all of our efforts, the Internet is inherently unsecure and we cannot guarantee that information provided online will be secure at all times. Suffice it to say that the security of your personal information is important to us and we will use all reasonable means to keep it as safe as possible.
6. Do we give you access to your information? You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected or deleted if it is inaccurate. You can do this by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. Using your personal information to contact you. If you have asked to receive communications or provided contact information to download white papers or access other resources, then we will use your name and the email address you provided only to contact you regarding other communications that may be of interest to you.
8. How can you unsubscribe from our database? You may change your subscription status at any time by visiting our subscription status page and entering your registered email address. If you registered under multiple addresses you will need to enter each address you wish to unsubscribe. An email will be sent to the address provided in order to ensure that the unsubscribe request is valid. If you are unable to access our subscription status page, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will notify you of your subscription status. Please be sure to send your request from the email address you wish to unsubscribe or clearly state in the email body the email address you wish to unsubscribe. You may also opt-out from receiving newsletter or promotional communications by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by calling us at 650.357.9100 or send a letter to Guidewire Software, 1001 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with other organizations.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by calling us at the number above or sending us e-mail at the above address.
10. General. Put simply, we value your trust in us. So we want to maintain your privacy and work with you to ensure that this web site and the information and services we provide to you are a valuable resource for you. For any more information about this web site or your visit, please contact us at email@example.com.
Guidewire Software, Inc.
1001 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 800
Foster City, CA 94404
Thank you for visiting the Guidewire Software web site to learn more about our software solutions for property and casualty insurance companies. Please review the following the following terms and conditions regarding your use of this web site.
Copyright © 2011-2012 Guidewire Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All content on this website, including text, graphics, logos, icons, images, podcasts and video clips, is the exclusive property of Guidewire Software or its content suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this website is the exclusive property of Guidewire Software and is also protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
You may download, view, copy and print documents and graphics incorporated in these documents (the "Documents") from this web site subject to the following: (1) the Documents may be used solely for personal, informational, non-commercial purposes; and (2) the Documents may not be modified or altered in any way. Except as expressly provided herein, you may not use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, post, transmit or distribute any information from this web site in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Guidewire Software.
All rights, title and interest not expressly granted are reserved.
Nothing contained on this server shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent or trademark of Guidewire Software or any third party. Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any Guidewire Software copyright.
Guidewire, Guidewire Software, Guidewire ClaimCenter, Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire BillingCenter, Guidewire InsuranceSuite, Guidewire Live, Before & After, Guidewire ContactCenter, Guidewire Studio, Gosu, Deliver Insurance Your Way, and the Guidewire logo are trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks of Guidewire Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The trademarks and logos displayed on this website may not be used without the prior written consent of Guidewire Software or their respective owners. Use of Guidewire Software's trademarks in advertising and print or web promotion of Guidewire Software's products requires proper attribution to Guidewire Software.
Warranties and Disclaimers
ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. GUIDEWIRE SOFTWARE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO MATERIALS, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL GUIDEWIRE SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT RELATED ACTION, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, OR IN CONTEMPLATION OF THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF MATERIALS PROVIDED FROM THIS SERVER, EVEN IF GUIDEWIRE SOFTWARE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You are also advised that any of the materials may contain errors or omissions; Guidewire Software may remove, replace, or make changes in the materials without notice at any time; and Guidewire Software is under no obligation to update the materials. Any feedback, comments, suggestions, or the like provided to Guidewire Software in connection with any Guidewire Software web site or any materials from this Guidewire Software web server shall be considered as non-confidential information and Guidewire Software shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.